Inter Milan 0 - 0 Manchester United

| Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I understand why Sir Alex happy with last night performance although we ended up will goalless draw. First, it was an away game at Stadio Giuseppe Meazza, very unfamiliar territory for us. Second, we didn't concede any goal with Nemanja Vidic was on the bench. Losing a goal against any Italian team is like a death sentence since we all know what they capable of. Third, we didn't feature all our best player on the pitch, I should say we still have secret weapon for the next leg.

Unfortunately, here's the drawback. We failed to score last night mean our defensive line need to be more careful next time because we can't afford to concede any goal. Remember what happen to us when we were against FC Porto few years back under Jose Mourinho. I think this is what Mourinho meant by no team is at their advantage right now.

We should have taken the lead last night with Ronaldo, Berbatov, Giggs and Park missed their chances. I can't believe myself that Giggs missed one-on-one chance against Cesar. He had options whether to shoot or pass and he chose to take that chance at such a tight angle.

I am pretty sure that using Berbatov as a lone striker was a tactical move by Sir Alex where he could easily pick Rooney or Tevez to partner with him. There are few things that I don't like about Berbatov; first, he always complaining when he didn't get the ball and then, keep wasting great chances when one hard to come by for him. I rather have Tevez as a lone striker because he will give everything for each game.

I don't know what happen during the second half, its like we lost our momentum that we built in the first half but looking at the way we play last night, I believe we have what it takes to beat Inter.



Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments: