Rooney: Overrated?

| Sunday, October 19, 2008


(source:http://www.teamtalk.com)

Sorry guys, I know there are lots of Rooney's fan out there but I don't think that he's qualify to be called the best in the world just yet. I've been reading all the news and comments this week comparing Rooney and Ronaldo which I don’t think is fair enough.

Just because the guy scored goals for England, doesn’t make him a world class material. Look at Ronaldo stats for the past 3 years compare to Rooney’s. Plus, right now Ronaldo is still in recovering process. I’m not saying that Rooney is a bad player but he’s inconsistent performer throughout the years.

I know some of you might say, "being a striker is not only about scoring". Come on, grow up people. Sir Alex knows better and thats why he bought another striker (Berbatov) because he's not convince enough that Rooney or Tevez could get things done.

Cristiano Ronaldo

Wayne Rooney

If Rooney can maintain this form for at least 5 league games in a row, then I’ll change my mind about him. Plus, he's 23 this year and no longer a "wonder kid", so stop treating him like a golden child.



Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rooney is not a consistent player in term of form, but his strength adds more dimension to United's attack. Sometimes he's just being a savior by scorng vital goal when needed, much like tevez. While Ronaldo uses his trick to do anything at all cost to get a goal.........